Sunday, July 29, 2012

Inchie Embellishment Challenge

Today I entered a new monthly challenge from Card-Making-World.com.  July's challenge was to make a card or project using inchies as the main embellishment for the card or project. Inchies are little one inch square pictures that you attach to the card as the embellishment. They might be part of a stamped image or a coloured image that you use.
Here is the final version!
I don't think the picture does the card justice.  it's actually very pretty and simplistic but the inchies act as the embellishment with the glitter and glam.

Here is how I created the card:

Autumn
Supplies used:
Orange cardstock from Mega Cardstock, medium brown and creme cardstock from Core'dinations "Chocolate Lovers" cardstock, orange ribbon, Golden Rod Stickles and Glossy Accents.

I created my card using the orange cardstock as the card. Using the medium brown cardstock I cut a rectangle 1/4 smaller than the orange card. Using the creme I cut it also a 1/4" smaller than the medium brown rectangle. I embossed the creme cardstock with the Wheelbarrow w/Sunflowers Sissix embossing card. I taped the orange ribbon to the card. I cut 1" squares of the creme cardstock and stamped them with leaves and a pumpkin. I cut medium brown squares just a tad bigger for dimension and taped the creme inchies and med. brown squares together. I used pop dots to attach my inchie embellishments. At this point I thought the card was pretty but it needed more bling and what can I say, I'm a bling type of girl! I used the stickles to outline the stamp, used a paint brush and swept the stickles into the stamp. Once the stickles were almost dry I thought it needed more dimension so I used the Glossy Accents on the inchies to really make them pop up and shine!

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful week!

Ren'ee

No comments: